"I want to learn to machine knit. Where do I start? How do I find a machine? How do the find the resources I need for a beginner in your enormous blog?"
1. An essay on choosing your first knitting machine Shipping knitting machines is expensive and fraught with difficulties. Try Craigslist to look at free classifieds in your area of the U.S.. John likes Craigfind for search for unusual things all over the country!
2. If you do a lesson a day, you'll knock out the beginner course in a little over a month. Watch a video, then do a video (Betcha you can't really do only one a day!)
3. Once you learn the basics, you're going to want to make something! Here are some appropriate projects for your very first efforts (main bed only):
- T-shaped child's sweater (great for charity knitting)
- Circular Swirl Baby Blanket
- Step-by-Step Beginner Child's Sweater
4. Got a ribber? Here's the ribber course. And, here are some beginning projects using your ribber:
5. Got a garter bar? Having one really will make knitting easier. Here's the garter bar course.