Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pics from Muriel in UK

 When Muriel sent me these pictures, I commented on the lovely periwinkle blue yarn in the scarf.  Muriel replied that she used two strands of sport weight 4-ply to get what we call worsted weight or DK weight.

This is something I didn't talk about at all in the blog posts about the bulky projects, but you can ply some other yarns to get your worsted weight materials.  So many of us MKers have stashes of skinny yarns, which could be plied-up to make these bulky projects.
It seems like we always need gifts for babies, and here's a photo of a Circular Swirl Baby Blanket Muriel knitted.

Needing a spot to photograph the baby blanket, I've photographed these on the floor, too...have any of y'all made one into a rug?  If I come across the right yarn, I'll try it one of these days!  I have a handknitted rug under my CSM...a photo for another day, I guess.

Okay, better run, I'm getting too glued to my computer and chattin' with my friends...happy Saturday, knitters, let's knit something!

No comments:

Post a Comment