Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Slippers from Scraps


I've been using up some worsted weight yarn making more slippers for soldiers.  I think it's more fun to use scraps and change color at the narrowest part of the short-rowing to get "color-blocked" slippers.

These are so much fun to knit that I have to make myself stop and work on other things!  I am running out of scraps, so that will stop me if I can't find the self-control to move on.  Barbara is collecting slippers for about one more month, I believe. 

I was a little out of it yesterday with my dental adventures and appropriate medication, so making these familiar slippers last night was comfortable and easy.

Today I have blue bruise on my cheek - it really looks like I have a dirty face - but I'm feeling good again, went to work today, and tonight I'm back to doing more meaningful tasks, especially working on Footnotes so I can share all these slipper patterns.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try your new pattern! Try and ice pack on your cheek if it is still sore. Once in a great while the injection will cause a bruise. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slippers are amazing, my knitting juices are just bubbling over waiting for the pattern book and DVD - soon?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for the new book!! I find myself thinking 'I wonder if Diana is working on the book??' just because I am so excited about it. I can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete