100 Ways to Improve Your Machine Knitting
Get more knitting done while having more fun!
This book will help you move toward mastery of machine knitting, fitting, and finishing, and make machine knitting much easier. It's a down-to-earth book - I want you to start where you are with the equipment you already have, to be practical about yarn, supplies, and tools, and enjoy making projects more.
This book contains a wide assortment of topics! Here are just a few examples:
- Choosing and finding a terrific knitting machine
- A powerful learning plan
- Knitting machine check-up
- Smart yarn choices
- Upper tension unit tips
- Yarn weights
- Beat the yarn-looping miseries
- Learn the "plain" techniques
- The "practically perfect" gauge swatch
- Gauge for bulky machines
- Rolling edges and how to deal with them
- Learn to estimate yarn requirements
- Ripping Tips
- Ways to use very thin yarn
- Seaming on the machine
- Punch card tips
- Vertical knit-back Fair Isle
- Make a doubled neckband
- Dividing for the neck
- Do a vertical dart
- Kitchener, mattress and smiles and frowns finishes
- Speedy, narrow mattress stitch
- Be the boss of your ribber
- The magical Brother medium ribber comb
- And many more...
International customers: These books go First Class International, and unfortunately, the postage is pricey. Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery; unfortunately, some of the more distant destinations like Australia often take the full three weeks.
All customers: You can save a little on postage by ordering additional items in the same order. We pay the extra postage for any items after the first one.