We knit for people so they can have cool things that can't be bought in the stores. We also knit for people so they'll experience the joy that someone loved them enough to take time for them.
Yesterday, I attended the annual Knit Natters holiday party, and I saw LOTS of great gift ideas from my girlfriends:
- Jars of homemade hot cocoa mix and homemade spiced tea.
- A beautiful dropped-stitch scarf
- Handknit ruffle scarves
- A glass Christmas-tree shaped jar filled with little balls of yarn
- A beautiful multi-colored afghan
- Fingerless gloves
- An embroidered sweatshirt (with a snowman and the words, "All my friends are flakes"
I try to do a lot of gift ideas on the blog, and try to link to them in December. Here are a few knitted gift instructions from previous blog posts:
I wrote out instructions for Knitting a Necklace. Also, here are some project videos that I thought would make great, fast gifts in a pinch: child's sweater, bulky lined slippers, very quick afghan, warm child's hat, socks, hand knit dishcloth, felted slipper, and mitten.
Got last-minute gift ideas to share? Please put them in the comments, or email me information, and I'll post them.