Sunday, February 16, 2014

February's Video - Faster! Flatter! Mattress Stitch

I had quite a few videos already finished and edited that I could have chosen for February, but I decided that I most wanted to show this shortcut mattress stitch.  You will like this for situations where you need to work quickly, and for situations where you're trying to eliminate bulk - for instance, with thick yarn.

I have, for the first time, tried captioning this video to see if it can be more helpful to the hearing impaired.  YouTube says it will be a while before the captions are up, because their system is synchronizing the captions to the video's timing.  I did not use a voice recognition program but typed the words out myself, so any errors are on me.  I am very curious as to how well this will work, hoping it reads to put the needle down into the loop when I'm actually putting the needle downward, not upward!  It's an experiment...we'll see how it goes.



I hope y'all had an awesome Valentine's Day!  My husband gave me the cutest card - very appropriate for a knitter.  On the face, it says, "I was lost until I found you," and it has two white socks, one with a green stripe at the top and one with a pink stripe.  Inside, it says, "We're a perfectly matched pair!"  Oh gosh, knitting is permeating every part of our lives...

This video is my little, belated Valentine to you.  I hope you'll try it - I haven't seen many knitters use this seam, and don't you just love a new shortcut?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video Diana. Very clearly explained as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video, nice to see that I am not the only one to use it, I always use this kind of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete