Sunday, July 10, 2011

Updates

Knit Natters is having a seminar.  It's going to be very good - several volunteers are demonstrating and we voted on most-desired demos.  We have an excellent space in a local church.  There will be two days of teaching, the second Friday and Saturday in October.  The first day is very KM-oriented with an equal mix of Passap and Brother.  I'll do my garter bar thing and others of my best demos.  The second day is very general-interest with some classes for hand knitting, a spinning class, and Sara's Fairies.

If you want to come, block it out on your calendar and email me at diana_knits "at" sbcglobal "dot" net.

Barbara Deike is looking for a few good knitters - or sewers, or crocheters.  All right, that sounded catchy, but the actual truth is, Barbara is looking for lots and lots of volunteers to make vast quantities of warm items for soldiers deploying to Afghanistan.  If you email me, I will send you an excellent slipper pattern, fast and fun to knit on a bulky!  Passap knitters - we put a nice afghan pattern up on this blog recently.  Note that it's an interesting double jacquard knit technique that has a negative image on the back instead of stripes or birdseye.

We are getting more patterns together for our soldiers. Don't forget these faithful ones, many of whom have been deployed repeatedly! Stay tuned, or be proactive and contribute patterns and ideas.

Beginner Machine Knitting Course going up for sale today.  I showed it to the Knit Natters gals yesterday and they were impressed with how much information I squeezed into two DVDs!  I think it turned out great.  The hi-def picture, on the TV, is incredibly clear.  This is all technique, all hands and needles, and there's a lot more here than the old YouTube videos.  I'll put up a blog post with a "buy it now" button later on.  It's $25 plus shipping, $3 for US and $7.50 elsewhere (and sales Tax for Texas residents).

This is a great gift for a beginner friend and good to show at your club meetings when nobody has a new demo.  If you're a dealer contact me for wholesale prices.  I'm convinced the beginner courses would add incredible value to your new machine knitting customers' experience.  Finally, an easy, clear way to learn even if it's 1:00 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment