Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Taina's Cool Idea

Taina has made the tam pattern, which has short-rowed triangles to form a circle, and now she has cleverly used this idea to cover round pillows and make soft cushioned tops for some wooden stools. 

Here's a photo - didn't they turn out cute?



Tania wrote, "As I mentioned, it's based on your tam pattern but I used 32 needles on the bulky machine, beginning with 8 needles in work. T3. Sugar 'N Cream worsted. 6 wedges. Instead of the ribbed band I just used a couple of strands of the Sugar 'N Cream woven through the outer edge as a drawstring. I may do a proper i-cord... 

My stools are 12 inches across the top, so there's room for a 12 inch round pillow on top of the wooden seat. What relief! 

Ran out of the ombre so had to use white in the second cover. I guess it took around one and a half balls per cover, maybe a titch less, working with bits it's hard to tell exactly. I think the self-striping yarn would be cuter, but this is what I had, and I'm happy. More can always be made! I'm thinking seasonal now."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment