Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year - And January's Video, Early

And, here we go again...I need ideas for possible videos for this year, and while I've brainstormed a fairly interesting list of ideas and pulled some ideas from emails, your suggestions are most welcome! 

I decided a great way to start the year as a machine knitter was by giving my machines a little LOVE.

In this video, I quickly run through the steps for a little preventative cleaning and maintenance.   A lubricated, oiled machine makes knitting easier, helps prevent stuck buttons and levers, and stops a lot of wear and tear on the machine caused by rubbing metal and gunky yarn fluff.  This TLC takes only a few moments, and it's a good idea to a quick clean and lube after each project, and a more thorough job every few months. 


7 comments:

  1. I would add that on a Studio Electronic machine, the last thing to do is take a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to the sensors on the back carriage (there is also one under it), all N1 cams, and all PC cams on the back. These easily get coated with oil and lint and then you have patterning issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a video on the kh270 programming and using tuck stitch with ribber. I've purchased many videos from you and they are so helpful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a video on the kh260 programming and using the programming stitches with the ribber. I'm a newbie. I have purchased many videos from all excellent and have helped me a great deal. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration. I did mine yesterday, even to the extent of taking out the needles and cleaning them. It knits beautifully again with no resistance. Its worth the time to do it to make knitting more enjoyable. Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this video is most helpful and timely. I was just given a Brother Bulky KH 260 that had not been used in 20-years. I'm a raw beginner so having your instructional videos has been a godsend. Thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into these productions. I could not be knitting without them. Just successfully finished my first piece and I am as proud as punch. Very grateful.

    ReplyDelete