Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello, December!

Great Idea at Machine Knitting Fun:  Lynne has a wonderful challenge for this December:  25 Days of Completion.

Each day for 25 days, she's challenging herself to work toward completing knitting projects.  What a great idea!  She mentions that she'd rather knit than finish, and this will lead her toward doing some finishing.  And she already has a couple of great project posts on her way to 25.  Go see her terrific wreath and her hats at http://machineknittingfun.blogspot.com/

Let's Knit This Month:  At the last couple seminars I worked, I got on my soapbox about the importance of actually knitting.   It's easy for us to talk about knitting, shop for knitting stuff, lust after one more machine, collect machines, and flip through knitting magazines, and somehow all that can get in the way of sitting down and actually knitting!  I like to knit a little every day.  In the evening after work, I often knit for just a half hour or so. 

I come home not wanting to think too hard, so it helps me if I have some knitting already worked out and ready to do.

Let's break the habit of just talking about our hobbies or collecting supplies for our hobbies and yet not actually doing our hobbies!

Doing it Again:  Last year, I had just read a book about having a more meaningful holiday season, and took an idea out of the book - read a chapter of Luke each day from December 1 to December 25.  I ran a reminder on the blog each of the first 25 days of December along with a link to the passage from Bible Gateway.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and have adopted it as a new December ritual that really helps center me during the holiday rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment